You can resolve minor pest issues with DIY methods and supermarket products. However, the chances are high that the problem will resurface again, especially in certain months of the year. There are many local companies in Centralia that offer comprehensive services, and top names like Pointe Pest Control offer customized solutions for each client. In this post, we have enlisted the questions you must ask before hiring a resident exterminator.
- How long have you been in business? This is a legit question that allows you to understand the overall work profile and market standing of the company. A company that has survived years of competition and has managed to maintain a clientele is worth your trust.
- Do you have a license and insurance? Every pest control company is expected to have a valid license. You can insist on checking the details, and it is also wise to look for insurance. Besides liability insurance, the workers should be covered by insurance too.
- Do you offer a warranty on the work? A professional and reliable pest control service will offer some sort of warranty on each job, especially if it concerns extermination and preventive measures. Make sure that you have everything in a written contract.
- What can you tell us about your methods? It is a known secret that many pest control products are not safe for the environment. Ask the chosen service about their means and methods and if they use cleaner and safer products. In short, does the company adhere to the principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM)?
- Do you offer preventive pest control services? Eliminating pests is one part of the job. A known company will do its bit to ensure that clients don’t have to deal with insects and rodents again, for which preventive pest control is the way to go.
- Can you share a few references? If you want to compare options in your city, online reviews can be quite handy. You can also ask the pest control company for a few references.
- What measures do I need to take before your experts start the work? You should ask the company whether you need to leave the house or take extra precautions before their technicians can start the pest control work.
Finally, get an estimate in writing. If you have been promised a discount, don’t forget to insist on having that detail included in the contract shared with you.